Stephan Sorger, M.B.A., M.S., PE, is an award-winning serial marketing executive, an adjunct faculty member of several major universities, the author of multiple marketing textbooks, a popular speaker on marketing topics, and a member of several advisory boards.
Marketing Executive: Mr. Sorger has more than 30 years of marketing and product development experience. His specialty is delivering value by leveraging analytics and engineering principles to solve marketing problems. In one example, he applied marketing analytics in his work with a leading software company client to identify a new market segment with a revenue potential 30% greater than its existing market. His experience includes leadership and hands-on roles at several leading companies, such as the following:
- On Demand Advisors: Strategic Marketing and Competitive Analysis
- Oracle: Product Marketing for Enterprise Software
- 3Com: Software Services for Networking Products (now part of Hewlett Packard), and
- NASA: Research Scientist on Loan
Faculty: Award-winning instructor at several major universities:
- Instructor for U.C. Berkeley at their prestigious San Francisco Extension, teaching courses in brand management, marketing analytics, advanced analytics, marketing planning, market research, and new product development, since 2003. Won prestigious Honored Instructor award.
- Adjunct Faculty member for the USF MBA program, teaching courses such as marketing analytics, customer analytics, and marketing research.
Author: Author of two university textbooks (click on the Amazon boxes in the right column to order):
- "Marketing Analytics: Strategic Models and Metrics" (Admiral Press/ CreateSpace, 2013), a 498-page textbook that gives a practical, structured, and comprehensive guide to marketing analytics
- "Marketing Planning: Where Strategy Meets Action" (Pearson Prentice-Hall, 2012), a step by step guide to creating marketing plans that deliver measurable results.
Speaker: Popular speaker on marketing analytics and other topics. Recent speaking engagements include the following:
- Marketing Strategy Roundtable at the Northern California Business Marketing Association (NorCal BMA)
- Marketing analytics workshops for marketing metric platform company Demand Metric
- Guest speaker for marketing automation company Act-On
- Speaker at the Regalix Symposium
- Speaker for the Association of International Product Managers and Marketers (AIPMM)
- Mr. Sorger is also a contributor to marketing analytics-related blogs
Board Member: Board member on several marketing-related advisory boards:
- Marketing Analytics Course: To access the course contents for the Marketing Analytics course, please use the Courses menu links on the left.
- New Product Development Course: To access the course contents for the New Product Development course, please use the Courses menu links on the left.
- Password Control: Course pages include "teaser" content for the first few classes. Access to the complete set of course contents requires a password. Mr. Sorger provides the password only to registered students on the first day of class.
- Marketing Analytics Textbook: For details on the Marketing Analytics textbook, click on the book menu link on the left.
- Marketing Planning Textbook: For details on the Marketing Planning textbook, also click on the book menu link on the left.
- Marketing Analytics Course Materials: To access marketing analytics course materials, click on the course link on the left.
- Marketing Analytics Course Password: Access to the complete set of marketing analytics content requires a password. Please send a note to Mr. Sorger using the Contact link on the main menu.
- Marketing Analytics Textbook Evaluation Copy Request: To obtain an evaluation copy of the marketing analytics textbook, please send a note to Mr. Sorger using the Contact link on the main menu.