Stephan Sorger, M.B.A., M.S., PE, is an award-winning Vice President of Strategic Marketing at strategic consulting firm On Demand Advisors, an Adjunct Faculty member for the USF MBA program, an Instructor at U.C. Berkeley at their San Francisco Extension, the author of multiple university-level marketing textbooks, a popular speaker on marketing analytics and other topics, and a member of several boards.
Marketing Executive: Mr. Sorger is the Vice President of Strategic Marketing at strategic consulting firm On Demand Advisors. Applied marketing analytics in work with leading software company client to identify new market segment with 30% greater revenue potential than existing market. Previously, he held leadership roles in marketing and product development in companies such as Oracle, 3Com (now part of Hewlett Packard), and NASA.
Faculty: Adjunct Faculty member for the USF MBA program, teaching courses such as marketing analytics, customer analytics, and marketing research. Instructor at U.C. Berkeley at their San Francisco Extension, teaching courses in marketing analytics, advanced analytics, new product development, and others, since 2003. Won prestigious Honored Instructor award.
Author: Author of two university textbooks-- "Marketing Analytics: Strategic Models and Metrics" (Admiral Press/ CreateSpace, 2013), a 498-page textbook that gives a practical, structured, and comprehensive guide to marketing analytics, and Marketing Planning: Where Strategy Meets Action (Pearson Prentice-Hall, 2012), a step by step guide to creating marketing plans that deliver measurable results. The Amazon boxes in the right column link to the two books.
Speaker: Popular speaker on marketing analytics and other topics. Recent speaking engagements include the Marketing Strategy Roundtable at the Northern California Business Marketing Association (NorCal BMA), marketing analytics workshops for marketing metric platform company Demand Metric, and the Association of International Product Managers and Marketers (AIPMM). He is also a contributor to marketing analytics-related blogs.
- Marketing Analytics Course: To access the course contents for the Marketing Analytics course, please use the Courses menu links on the left.
- New Product Development Course: To access the course contents for the New Product Development course, please use the Courses menu links on the left.
- Password Control: Course pages include "teaser" content for the first few classes. Access to the complete set of course contents requires a password. Mr. Sorger provides the password only to registered students on the first day of class.
- Marketing Analytics Textbook: For details on the Marketing Analytics textbook, click on the book menu link on the left.
- Marketing Planning Textbook: For details on the Marketing Planning textbook, also click on the book menu link on the left.
- Marketing Analytics Course Materials: To access marketing analytics course materials, click on the course link on the left.
- Marketing Analytics Course Password: Access to the complete set of marketing analytics content requires a password. Please send a note to Mr. Sorger using the Contact link on the main menu.
- Marketing Analytics Textbook Evaluation Copy Request: To obtain an evaluation copy of the marketing analytics textbook, please send a note to Mr. Sorger using the Contact link on the main menu.